The Rooftop Masters

I'm going to write my final blog post on my favorite spot in Athens... The Rooftop at the Georgia Theatre. They have everything- from drinks & food, cool bands, and a killer view. This is always my first choice on a Saturday evening or even a weekday after class. 


So being the Rooftop lover that I am, of course I follow them on Instagram. Their posts are always so fun whether its pics of their awesome food or of customers having a blast. They always make me want to drop what I am doing and go there. I recently found out that their page is run by UGA's Talking Dog Advertising Group. This group is a student run agency that works to deliver creative and insightful campaigns for their clients here in Athens, GA. Some of their clients include Athens Bagel,  The Southern Brewing Company, and The Rook and Pawn. 


So I checked out the Talking Dog's website. They are actually doing some really cool things for these companies. I looked at the Georgia Theatre Rooftop in particular and they had a whole page dedicated to their work there. They said, "The Georgia Theatre is famous. It's rooftop bar? Amazing. It just wasn't famous yet. That's where we came in." Not only do they run the Instagram page, they also did things like chalk advertisements within a block of the theatre to help direct people to the rooftop. Another thing that I didn't know about is the Rooftop punch card where if you buy 10 lunch combos, you get your 11th for free. 


These tactics definitely showed results for the Rooftop. The agency was able to calculate the results for their efforts at the Rooftop and posted them to the website. I have to say, it's pretty impressive. You can see the results for native ad reviews, % increase in Instagram likes, snapchat impressions, and hooked deals redeemed (time sensitive food and drink discounts). Talking Dog Agency should keep up the good work with the Rooftop, in the meantime, I will keep going either way. 



Comments

Popular Posts