The Hyatt Masters?
So if you know downtown Athens, you know there is always construction going on on some new apartment building or hotel. And I know it all too well... I live right next door to the new Hyatt hotel that is currently being built downtown next to the classic center. And when I say right next door, I mean it's my back yard. This is my 2nd year living here and they have been doing construction on this massive building since the day I moved in. (I wake up at 7 every morning to some sort of banging or clanging- its been a fun 2 years). But excuse my little rant.
Since I see the construction workers on a daily basis, I began asking them when they might be done with this building in my back yard. In August, they said September; in September, they said October; in October, they said around Thanksgiving. So here we are the middle of October, still not finished. I don't know anything about building hotels and I know it takes forever; so I can deal with the annoyance for a few more months. But man, they are missing out on some money! Football season brings in more visitors than any other time of the year with dedicated fans and traveling families. There is always great demand for places to stay, especially so close to the stadium and downtown. I feel like the Hyatt should have planned better or tried harder to open in time for the season.
However, they seem to be doing one thing right. They started creating an online presence back in May with Facebook, a page on the Georgia Tourism & Travel site, Hotels.com, Trip Advisor, Expedia and many more. Their Facebook page keeps their 267 followers up to date with construction status and of course the occasional "Go Dawgs!" post. I'm sure after the official open, they will be using this page more to reach out to potential guests, but so far so good.
From what Ive heard, its going to be a beautiful hotel- with a rooftop bar, great location, and an amazing view from every room. They need to hurry up with this construction, not only for my sake but for the dedicated fans and traveling families. I'm sure people are going to love this hotel just as much as they love their dawgs!




Comments
Post a Comment